How do I enter a time from my HMI to S5Timer Format

msoucy

I am using a Siemens HMI (19" MP377) with Siemens WinCC Flexible. I have a Siemens PLC (S7 CPU315-2 PN/DP)

I need to allow the user to enter time, in Hours, Mins, Secs, and ms.

I am building my own block but I have to think that this is a common need and someone must have done this before me.

I dont think it will be hard, but it will take a bit of time.

The format can be read in hex.

Example, the word entered would be:
0001 for 10 ms
0100 for one second
1600 for one minute
3360 for one hour

The first digit is the time base, 0=10ms, 1=100ms, 2=1s, 3=10s,
The rest is that value in BCD 0-999

Hi use IEC timers instead, and use linear scaling of the HMI tag to multiply the HMI value by 1000