How to add a analog I/O modules in Emulator RSLOGIX 5000?

yogeshgowda05

I have to simulate a code in rslogix 5000 emulator,
I am trying to add modules as per my H/W config, but cant find analog modules, i only can see emulator CPU and DI/DO module.

What for analog modules how to add them?

I am using emulator for first time.

You cannot simulate analog IO with RSEmulate.
It only supports digital IO.
Compared to other emulators, it is a bit lacking ;-)

Create a tag and use it as the analog input.

You cannot simulate analog IO with RSEmulate.
It only supports digital IO.
Compared to other emulators, it is a bit lacking ;-)

Create a tag and use it as the analog input.
Thanks mike

But pls elaborate a bit.
I mean what to add in HW configuration in place of Analog modules.
can i download my program to emulator CPU without complete hardware configuration,
and test the logic functionality.

There's no analog module in Emulator 5000. That software is intended for testing logic.

You can download into the Emulator an existent application if you:

a) Change the specified controller to the emulator version (and locate it in slot 2 or superior).
b) Inhibit the previously declared modules (the "real ones" in the application I/O tree).

Please, read the fancy manual.

Nhatsen beat me to the reply.

Build your project according to the real hardware you will be using, except for the processor - set it as the emulator.
Inhibit all the IO modules.
Create the processor in the emulator to be in the same slot
Download to the emulator.
Away you go.