How to change a button caption at run time?

briana banks

Hi

How can i change a button caption at run time without using
VBA .

RSview SE

Thank you.

Last edited:
Assuming RSView SE here...

You can, but only for a Multi-State button. Use the indicator tag to determine the message. In this case, you will need additional logic in the PLC to handle the actual button press.

VBA is much simpler.

not 100% sure I understand what you're asking ... but ... this might help ...

leave the button's built-in caption blank ... now make two new "text" objects - one for each desired caption ... then animate the "visibilty" of the two objects to match your "I-want-to-see-this-legend-now" conditions ... overlay the two objects and try it out ... with practice you can animate the visibility of only one of the objects ... it can hide (or show) the other object which is positioned behind it ...