HOW TO DO A RESET? INSTRUCTION "SUS"?

nesppi

Hi everybody!

I am programming a SLC 500/03 with the RSLogix 500.

My system needs a reset, so when it is pushed the outputs have to be reseted. I have tryed with the "SUS" instruction, but it doesn´t work..

Does anyone know the best way of introducing a reset button in a system?

Thanks in advance,

Greetings

nesppi said:
Hi everybody!

I am programming a SLC 500/03 with the RSLogix 500.

My system needs a reset, so when it is pushed the outputs have to be reseted. I have tryed with the "SUS" instruction, but it doesn´t work..

Does anyone know the best way of introducing a reset button in a system?

Thanks in advance,

Greetings

Reset means to turn off the outputs?

Yes, but also to stop the subrutines that are being executed...
I can do a MOV instruction with "0" to the outputs..
But, do you know if there is an instruction?
Or, do you know why the suspend instruction is not working?

thanks

nesppi said:
Yes, but also to stop the subrutines that are being executed...
I can do a MOV instruction with "0" to the outputs..
But, do you know if there is an instruction?
Or, do you know why the suspend instruction is not working?

thanks

No other special Inst for Inhibiting the output But you try Inhibiting the slot by reseting the status file bits if your output modules is in local rack

And do you know if there is some bit in the state file which is used to reset the plc directly? I mean, is there any way of reseting the plc, without erasing the memory, of course!

thanks

nesppi said:
And do you know if there is some bit in the state file which is used to reset the plc directly? I mean, is there any way of reseting the plc, without erasing the memory, of course!

thanks

why want you to do so

Place your program in a seperate ladder file. Program the jump to subroutine to become disabled when you press your reset button.
and then fll 0 to all your outputs.

Ok, I have tryed this and the outputs are set to '0'. The problem is... if the plc is blocked? How can you restart it? This is the reason to introduce the reset button in the system.. to restart from the button.. that is, that the plc recognize the hardware, etc, all the operations that it does before running the program..

If you use the seperate subroutine the PLC is still scanning
the main ladder file. Your subroutine will no longer be scanned
while your button is held in. and at the same time zero fill your
output datatable. Is there anything else that needs to happen
during this reset?