How to duplicate RSLogix activation disk

tmartin827 said:
Hello, I just downloaded and installed the USB flashdrive utilities from Rockwell Automations Knowledgebase and they work great. EVMOVE moved all of my activations at the same time!! Now I just plug the it into the pc I want to use and set the CHECKDRIVES variable to check the drive letter of the USB drive and the software finds the key!

Could you post a link to this.

Fred Floggle said:
Oh don't worry Mr Fox , He is still about .

Generally people who spout such things as "all property is theft" live in a Council house in Deeside and have a burnt out Cortina in the drive .

Regarding the licenses , I also have the privelidge of having something called "Goldmaster" from Rockwell - perhaps someone can help and tell the fox what this license is all about .

Met a guy the other day who had two fake Rolex's , one for work and one for best .

Backing up what we own is one thing , copying licenses for profit is another .
How is it going up at Kellog's ?
Kind regards,
Fred

Are you still stalking me, sweetheart?
Yes, I would love to meet up with you!

Lots of love
Mr. Fox

PLEASE NOTE: I am not an employee of Kellogg's or linked to Kellogg's in any way. Kellogg's is not the only company in North Wales that uses a range of PLCs. Please stalk more carefully.

Last edited:
Fred Floggle wrote
Backing up what we own is one thing...
But isn't that the big thing, Fred? We don't actually own it. The only thing we acquire from AB or Siemens or anybody else is a 'licence' which permits us to use the software. There is no transfer of ownership. If we did in fact own the software then it would be ours to do with what we wanted. We could reverse engineer it, take it apart, put it together again, copy it, put our own name on it ...

I'm not suggesting that you personally abuse the licence terms in any way - I'm just picking up on the phrase you used. This is an attitude of mind which leads many people astray on the (incorrect) assumption that "If I've paid the money, it must be mine."

Regards

Ken

Ahh Mr Floggle..

I just deleted about 15 mins worth of typing..you know why..You are not worth responding to.

I think Ron hit the nail on this one on his first post..If your disk is corrupt..its corupt..no amount of copieing is going to fix it..order a new one..If you cant do that then you shoulndt have the software in the first place..Thats it there are no grey areas here..

I'm curious to who actually "buys" the "lease" of these software licenses.

If you are a profit-making PLC programming guru then do you pay for the license from your own salary or is it from the business-needs fund, generated by the customers providing your profit?

Therefore Fred, did you get your priviledge of "your" goldmaster via your own pocket or through whoever your employer is? If it's through your employer then surely it belongs to, or is 'lifetime leased' to, your employer, NOT you.

Look after what looks after you. If you need to copy your license, go ahead. If your original goes tits-up then; it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Kind regards
S.F

Hello Fred,
Just thought I'd drop a note to say hello. I haven't been on discussion for quite a while.. It's amusing (and sad) in a way to see the same old arguments still flying around!

I have been busy in the Tobacco Industry installing and commissioning all new Siemens Control stuff for a new production line covering Ethernet-hardwired & fibre optics, remote i/o, WinCC, WinCC Flexible, Softstarts, Siemens Inverter Drives, ET200 analogues, TM710's, Ktron Feeders, Thermo Ramsey Weighers (all Profibus PLC Driven)..etc... and I have not had one single problem !!!
Just thought I would mention it because I hear a lot of problems about Siemens, and I think it's only fair to speak up and say that things are good with the Siemens stuff, I am no guru and this is why I recognise and appreciate the fact that advances have been made in compatibility and ease of use.

I know this is absolutely nothing to do with the thread, just thought I would say hello before I go back into work tomorrow and dig myself out of neck high piles of tobacco because mechanical engineers and design engineers haven't advanced much in twenty years still :)

regards
Richard