How to know that Profibus DP nodes are alive and well ?

I have gotten a far way with using my fb125 block, and I have the 20 page configuration file from siemens, but does anyone know where to find a detailed listing of the db125 block, and what address's go where?

I am trying to show when a module's fibre connection is disconnected, and am hoping to find it though the db 125 block, but I need a maapping of it to do so.

Unless it's getting way too late and I'm thoroughly confused, if I remember rightly there is the very much simplified FC125 version.

I'm pretty sure this is what I'm using. If you can give a bit more info on what you want to do, I can check it out tomorrow when I'm in the office.

I found it,

DB1192-1207 give existing accesible nodes (bit wise)
db1208-1223 give inaccesible nodes (bit wise)

and so on

So that is solved, but now, when I unplug fibre cables the values in db1208 do not change to show in accessible nodes.... but I am very sure my fb125 is called correctly, as is seems to be active

I don't entirely understand your DB addressing and unfortunately I don't have the Help file for the FB125. If all you need is the basic info, which DP-Stations are present and accessible, then you would probably be better off using the FC125 which is only about a quarter of the size and presumably appropriately faster in operation.

In the DB for FC125, DBnn.DBX52.0 DWORD 4 are the Bits indicating Slaves-not-present and DBnn.DBX68.0 DWORD 4 are the Bits indicating DPs present but in Fault. I would be surprised if the FB125 was significantly different from the FC125 in its basic functions. If a Station is present then the appropriate Bit in DBB52 - 67 is "0", if it is not present, (or switched off, or the DP cable damaged or not plugged in) then the same Bit is a "1". In other words the FC125 does not have separate data areas for existing/non-existing Slaves.

I think jwall meant that in DB** (DB125 maybe??) bytes 1192 to 1207 show existing slaves as bits (accessible slaves) and bytes 1208 to 1223 show failed slaves (non-accessible slaves).

Personally, if I only wanted to know what slaves were available I would use SFC51.

Paul

Yes, I mean db 125, bytes 1208-1223.

The don't seem to change when I start unplugging cables ( which I can only do in the middle of a shift change :|

I'll look up SFC51 and see where I can extract the right information.

Personally, if I only wanted to know what slaves were available I would use SFC51.

I seem to remember that in a previous Thread it was suggested that SFB125 and SFC125 (which if I remember correctly actually call SFC51 themselves) were introduced because SFC51 was a pain in the neck to use. If you only want to identify missing Slaves, as I did, then FC125 is all you need:

FC125.JPG

PS, comments that start in German on one line and finish in English on the next one are my speciality. :D

A belated update.

Finally, I have gotten around to testing the FB125 block together with the preconfigured screens in Protool.
After a little experimenting and figuring out how it works, I must say that it was a walk in the park.
It was easy, it works with no problems, and you get pretty detailed diagnostics information in plain text.

The only work that I did was to remake some of the buttons and texts that looked a bit odd. Now its sufficiently nice to be used in my projects.

Hi De1978

I have been looking around for a facility with those features. We also use TP170B's. We use S7-300 with ET200 and therefore it would be nice to get a notice on the TP170B which nodes, slaves and modules that are faulty. Easier to debug network.

My question is do you just copy the project that Siemens made and work from there or do you have to make any changes?

I dont have so many possibilities for testing, so it would be nice with an example of how you implement the FB125 and the TP170B into the project if possible.

yours
PLC pupil

If you only need to know which DP slaves are missing or in fault, then you might find life is easier if you use FC125 - the little brother of FB125.

In both instances, after downloading them from the Siemens web-site you just need to copy them into your project and call them like any normal block.

Edit:

You can also download the Helpfiles from the Siemens site and if you plan on using the FB125 then you will probably find you ned the Helpfile.

Last edited:
As well as what Roy has suggested in the post above, if you read post #4 of this thread, there is a quick and easy example of reading the status of profibus slaves, this will simply tell you whether they are alive or not.

Paul

How about event-base OB86, is it usuable ?

L LW 8 (Rack failure diagnostic address)
L LB 10 (master number)
L LB 11 (slave number)

Thx for your help guys. I have alrdy downloaded the helpfiles and they don't work very well. There is not much help there or maybe i have the wrong helpfiles? I downloaded it from the siemens site.

And the only thing i have to do is to load the blocks into my project? Will all the info then be in the DB125? I have to use the FB125, because I would like to know the status of the I/O modules on the different slaves too. Don't think the FC125 can do that.

regards
PLS Pupil :)