How to Send Message from MicroLogix 1100 to ControlLogix?

LuCyLut

Hi Everyone,

I'm a college student working on a program for mircologix 1100, very new at this! Can somehow help me on what can should I do to send a message from Micrologix 1100 to Control logix and where can I set this up? I have the ip address and slot # and address of where I want to send the message to...but have no clue where can I do that in my program. I'ld appreciate the help. thank you!

Welcome to the field.

Read about your MSG command in the online books.
There is alot of information to cover, so here is the basic idea.
Insert the MSG command into your logic somewhere. (Timer drive it for starters)
Use the pulldown menu inside the MSG block and it will open up another window. Here is where you set all of the applicable TAG's and IP addresses. CIP/Whatever.
This is a start.

LuCyLut said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm a college student working on a program for mircologix 1100, very new at this! Can somehow help me on what can should I do to send a message from Micrologix 1100 to Control logix and where can I set this up? I have the ip address and slot # and address of where I want to send the message to...but have no clue where can I do that in my program. I'ld appreciate the help. thank you!

Try the AB Knowledge base. There is an example in there somewhere. I printed out and used it last week. In the knowledgebase search for something like SLC Message, MLX Message, MLX Ethernet, CLX Ethernet.