HSC/HSL Encoder Help on a Micro1400

kstiles1499

Hi everyone,

I have a Micrologix 1400 using an HSL instruction (High Speed Counter Load).
This instruction is used in junction with an encoder input to compare a motor's position with the HSC's .ACC value.

I am having a hard time finding what controls the HSC0.acc value, as sometimes this value is counting up, down, or zero. When using cross reference, I was able to discover some MOV's and a RAC (reset accumulated value) which answers the question of why the value is sometimes zero.
Also when cross referencing, I see several HSC:0/DIR bits. I know this is 'count direction' bit, and changes states when the counter changes its count direction, I just don't see what is controlling that transition.

Is this instruction somehow tied to a real input? I have viewed the 'function files' and I really don't know what I'm looking for, as I don't know what is making it count. I see that the Program File is "42" however ladder 42 is completely empty. I was also thinking that the HSL just counts as long as its subroutine is being scanned, but it is being jumped to right off of LAD 2 MAIN, so I believe it is always being scanned.

Also, I'm not sure if it's against the rules to post the .RSS file, but if it helps anyone help me, I would gladly do so.
Pictures are attached, and any help is greatly appreciated!

Screenshot 2023-07-23 183202.png Screenshot 2023-07-23 183327.png Screenshot 2023-07-23 183416.png