HSC on ML1100

In your posted file you haven't reset the input filters so your input pulse will have to be very slow to show up.

You are using mode 7 (HSC Mode 7 - Quadrature Counter (phased inputs A and B) With External Reset and Hold) which ties up the first 4 inputs. Please read the documentation thoroughly.

Bernie,
Thank you! I have a bad habit of ignoring things i don't understand, but RTFM is pretty clear. The mod 7 was an error that was changed back to mod 0. It was probably only at mod 7 for a few minutes and that is when i made the zip. As for the BWA base definition, it was obvious after i read about "input filtering" on p25/p26 of 1763-RM001C-EN-P, and everything was grey until i defined the base unit correctly. Then, finally, i could choose 25 microseconds for ch 0-1.

I am not sure that it answers my question about why it didn't work before and does now, but sometimes those questions never get answered.

narlin