HTTP Command with Modicon PLC or CitectSCADA

agentnumber2

Happy New Years!

I am working with a client who has two different system - one PLC-based for their industrial side and one PC-based for their IT side. Their IT guys have their own alarm when something is amiss and want to tie it in via the PLC without adding any additional equipment.

Is it possible to trigger a HTTP command with the PLC or with Citect (perhaps using Cicode)? The command I need to trigger is:

http://<it-server>/rpc?request={"rpc":"2.0","method":"Industrial.GeneralAlarm","params":{"PLC":3},"id":1}

Is there a way to do this using my existing equipment or will I need another piece of equipment to run the HTTP command?

If I could receive and log the return string:

{"id":1,"rpc":"2.0","result":{"Alarm":3}}

that would be great, but not necessary.

Thanksl

OK, so I did the following as a Cicode object:

IF IndAlarm = 1 THEN
Exec("C:\alarm.bat", 3);
END

The problem I have is that I get many command line windows opening. If I have the IndAlarm active for under 1 second, 3 command line windows open. I attempted to add Sleep(1) to the function so that it would only open one window, but I still get 3 windows opening.

Does anyone have insight on this, or am I out of luck?

Thanks!

In Citect you could set up an event on IndAlarm, the event action would then be to run a cicode function to run the Exec function
Not sure what Modicon system you are using, but if it is a new one using UnityPro and it includes a NOE module then there is the SMTP functionality built into those, not sure if this is applicable but still worth keeping in mind

Hi Geoff C,

Thank-you very much for the idea! I haven't used Citect for ages and using an event worked like a charm.

Unfortunately, the client has an older Momentum CPU, but I will keep the SMTP functionality in mind for the next client.

Thanks again!