I keep toasting TTL-RS232 HMI program cables any help why

I guess I should have bought that usb cable instead of the rs232 cable i have now.
So, this USB cable will work? Im skeptical because im able to program a quickpanel JR with this same cable and laptop, but not able to program the Quickpanel .

I realized I had an older laptop (WIN98se) that crapped out on me over a year ago. I think that was the laptop I was using to program these, but forgot about that need before ditching the dang thing. UHG....
Of course I cannot 'guarantee' this but that cable has never failed me on the units you list using both QD and PME.

There is the possibility that your QP has a bad port.

Of course I cannot 'guarantee' this but that cable has never failed me on the units you list using both QD and PME.
I completely understand.

There is the possibility that your QP has a bad port.

Im having the same issue on 3 differnt QPI-211XXX models. :sick:

I am loading windowsXPmode on a laptop that has a dock that has a serial port......hoping this works.