IDC error message

Noor

hey .. I am using Citect scada v6 and i am trying to use ftp server and IDC to open the project on the client machine ,, but I have the following error message " No project has been selected " ,can any one help me in solving this problem ?? :confused:
best regards

I know the methodology of using Webclient , BUT I need the help with using the IDC to implement it in my project.
regerds

Read the help files !!, Have you got security setup correctly ? :

Article number: Q4195
Created on: Tuesday, 17 January 2006
Product: 5.xx 6.00

Summary
I had no problem to run a IDC client with the administrator Windows account. But the problem occurred when I logged on the machine with a standard user account. The error "No project is currently selected" was generated when I tried to start the IDC client. What is the cause to this problem?

Solution
The error of "No project is selected" is not caused by CitectSCADA. Initially you might think it could be caused by the blank of [CTEDIT]Run parameter. It is not the case. Each time the IDC starts up, this parameter will be re-generated on the fly and it is determined by the IDC installation location and the project running on the IDC server. So this problem appears to be Windows security related.

By default, the security of files or folders for a standard user would be read-only (see the image). Because the IDC client needs to download files from the server, the logon user must have the "Write" right. Please check the security settings on the IDC project folder on the machine and change the permissions for this user so that he or she could run IDC freely.

I face the same problem, I see your replay and thank you ,we make the logon user to have the "Write" right,but we still have the same problem, and when we search in the citect knowledge base we found that the:FTP server uses the standard Citect install directory as its root. Typically, Citect is installed to C:\Citect, with the projects being held in C:\Citect\User....
but in our project we install the windows server in the directory D:\ , and make the root dirctory of FTP server on the D:\Internet and also install the citect on D:\...
our question is : install the windows server like that will make the problem and the ftp server will not see the citect project?????
best regards