Import a runtime configuration file

Bolatov

Hello

I have a huge communication setup for a Factorytalk view Machine Edition (FTV ME), and I lost the Communication Setup

When I open it theres a pop-up windows (image atached) that gives me this options:
1. Create a new configuration
2. Import a runtime configuration file
3. Copy the configuration that is currently running on this workstation

I have another computer where the communications are fine, but dont know how to export it, anyone has done this? tried the manual but doesnt have this information

Sin título.jpg

Open the application on the other PC. Then open the Communications Setup editor. From there, click on the Runtime tab at the top and click the Import/Export Configuration button.

In the pop up window select "Export a runtime configuration file" and then choose the path where the exported file will be saved. Click Finish to save the XML file.

Copy that file to the other PC and follow the same procedure but select "Import a runtime configuration file".

OG

In the RSLinx Enterprise / FactoryTalk Linx Communications setup screen inside FactoryTalk View Studio, there are two tabs that show the graphical "schema" of the network drivers and devices.

The first tab is labeled "Design (Local)"
The second tab is labeled "Runtime (Target)"

There is also very wide button at the top of the schema window. It is easy to overlook the fact that the text changes when you change tabs.

When you have selected the Design(Local) tab, that button allows you to "Copy from Design to Rutime".

When you have selected the Runtime)(Target) tab, that button allows you to "Import/Export Configuration".

Clicking on the "Import/Export Configuration" button brings up that same window, but with "Export" as an available function.

Schema.PNG