industrial computrt failure

johneedw

Hello ALL,

I'm facing a problem with an iron cutting machine, its controlled by an industrial computer working with windows98 and the storage media is a CF card od 2GB only(no hard disk used).

The controller software has stopped suddenly,when starting the computer ,during the bios test steps it says:(PXE-E61)media test failur check cable), then windows98 dowloading menu appear then disappear quickly and then the page of the control software appear, it has an index page and after press (enter), a command line must be activeted which require to type a code (55555) to login into the control panel menu , but when press (enter),the command is not activated yet !>

I've checked correctly the CF card on a PC, its has 4 folders(BOOT,KSK,KSKDXF,NC)which its size is 5.4 MB only.

help me please

First, back up the CF.

The PXE-E61 error happens when it tries to boot from the network. The reason it tries to boot from the network is because it's not booting from the CF. If there is a boot order in the BIOS, be sure to put the network last in the order, or better yet, remove it, if possible.

If the PXE error still occurs, Then there is some sort of hardware issue going on. From most likely to least:

• CF Card
    • Flash cards are not bullet proof. They do eventually wear out.
  • CF Reader
  • Motherboard
  • CF Reader cable
  • BIOS
    • Very unlikely, but I have seen it happen.
If the PXE error disappears, but the software still doesn't work correctly, then there is (most likely) a corrupted file. This could be an Win98 file, a program file used by your software, or a driver.

Thank you All,
The motherboard model is: (PCM.6892 REV.A2.0)
Dear JordanCClark,
how can force this computer to boot to the windows98 as a PC ?
if i can got boot to windows98, then i can do several checks to diagnosis the failure!..
Many thanks

On a Win9x machine the startup order is:

1. config.sys
  2. autoexec.bat
  3. wininit.ini
  4. winstart.bat
  5. system.ini
  6. win.ini
    [Windows]
    Load=
    Run=
  7. All Users-RunServicesOnce
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \RunServicesOnce]
  8. All Users-RunServices
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \RunServices]
  9. All Users-RunOnce
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \RunOnce]
  10. All Users-Run
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \Run]
  11. All Users-RunOnceEx
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \RunOnceEx]
  12. All Users-RunEx
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \RunEx]
  13. Current User-RunOnce
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \RunOnce]
  14. Current User-Run
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \Run]
  15. Current User-RunOnceEx
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \RunOnceEx]
  16. Current User-RunEx
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \RunEx]
  17. Common Startup Folder in the Start-Menu for All Users
  18. Startup Folder in the Start-Menu for Current User
Installed programs will usually put themselves somewhere between steps 6 and 18. So here is the old-timers trick of-of-the-day: Holding down the Shift key while Windows is starting will tell windows to bypass steps 6-18. That way, if there is a troublesome program, you can still start windows and either remove or disable startup of the program.

Hope this helps!