Input Module Swapped Gender ?

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I just installed a 1769-IF4I and it refuses to read its input, instead showing a max value.

On the config page - Module Definition|Connection says "Output" and has no other options in the dropdown, whereas the 2 other 1969-IF4 I have in that same rack show "Connection" as "Input" with no other option to select.

Its happy in the IO tree, no caution sign.
Am I missing something simple?

WTF Moment.jpg

Its live so I can't remove it to check for a while, but I finally got a reading by adding a jumper across the Neg and iRTN terms (like it says in the manual DOH!)

But the "OUTPUT" Connection remains. I'll post back when I get to shut it down again.

Mine does the same thing, but as you can see the IO tags look correct. This seems to be some of the typical bugs in RSLogix 5000, they never go back and fix the small stuff. So it keeps growing and growing.

1769-IF4I.jpg