Installing RSlinx on Windows XP Home.

3/17infantry

Hello to all I am new to this so please keep that in mind.I am trying to install Rslinx 2.43 that came with my Allen Bradley PLC trainer Micro logix 1000.The problem I am having when installing RSlinx is that I keep getting error: Unable to open E\RSlinx ver2.43.01\9355WAB1000ENE_CORE File Set_Setup\Redist\RSlinx\Enn\Redist\Rockwell\EDS\1747 Modules.Cab'for input Unable to continue installing EDS files.Does anyone know what this means and will this work with my current operating system.My operating system Window XP Home,SP3,CPU 4,2.6GHz,.99GB RAM.Any help would be greatly appreciated trying to learn yet unable to get software to run.

MartB said:
You need XP Pro - it will not work on the Home version
And what is this?
RSLinx_on_XPHome.JPG

Okay, fine. It is not supported in Windows XP Home Edition. Satisfied? ;)
If you call Tech Support and tell them you are running Linx on XP Home, that is EXACTLY what they will tell you.

One suggestion is that the path name seems awfully long. Can you copy the '9355WAB1000ENE_CORE File Set_Setup' folder to your C drive and try the install from there?

Rockwell do not support XP Home edition, and has no plans to support XP home edition. None of the Rockwell software is designed to run on XP Home edition.

With this in mind, to be fully productive and competent in testing software written using Rockwell products, I would suggest that XP Home edition is avoided.

i had to install the software in a new location

C:\ra soft\

the problem is that the environment path set up by the software is to long.
you need to look at your environment path to see what is there and delets the long file path set up by ab if its there.

regards,
james