Installing RSLogix V.24

Sean Teague

Having some trouble installing version 24. I literally have every single version of RS Logix installed, except 24. When I try to install it, windows tell me that it cannot be installed because a newer version already exists.

I tried uninstalling every version past 24, then try to install 24 again and it said no again.

I am using Windows 10 ( our IT dept. wont let us run VM or anything older than 10) I know there are issues with Rockwell/Windows 10 compatibility, but im sure someone has run across this before.

Any ideas??

Installing older versions when newer ones are already installed is often a problem.

There should be a zipped up install log that will give more details, can you post it or at least give us the lines that indicate the error?

The likely reason uninstalling didn't work is because it is not complaining about the version of LogixDesigner, but one of the other services that still exists. Common culprit, FactoryTalk Services Platform

Check the log to see exactly what is failing.

Based on past experience a likely culprit is that RSLinx Enterprise/FactoryTalk Linx or some other part of the install is at a higher version than is packaged with the installer, and instead of just skipping that step it for some reason cancels the entire install.

If that is the issue, de-select that from your installation options. If for some reason you can't do that you can manually uninstall FactoryTalk Linx (or whatever it is that is failing), run your installation, and then (optional) re-install the newer version you have now.