InTouch 10.1 tag current values search

Negative. Disabled IO server, rebooted PC, fired up view, view complains and wants to start the IO service as expected, didn't let it and tag still retains last value.

Yes , I have seen that happen more than once.
What I was curious about is the Access Name configuration on the IO server in Intouch.
Could it effect what you see on startup if it is configured for "Advise All Items" instead of "Advise Only Active Items" (the default) when the IO Server is not talking to the PLC?

Yes , I have seen that happen more than once.
What I was curious about is the Access Name configuration on the IO server in Intouch.
Could it effect what you see on startup if it is configured for "Advise All Items" instead of "Advise Only Active Items" (the default) when the IO Server is not talking to the PLC?

Would have no affect. The IO server (Dasabcip for example) is just a gateway. It passes data or it doesn't. It doesn't generate any data to Intouch if not available from the PLC.

This discussion made me think of a possible way for OP to recover the values. I have never used an Omron driver in the OI server, so I don't know if this applies. (I think it was called IO server in V10) Nowadays with the ABCIP driver, the PLC tag database is cached a few folders deep in C:\ProgramData\...

Depending on the driver and settings, maybe values are stored in that database. If OP happens to have a system backup of whatever system is running the server, could the values be recoverable from a system restore from the backup? I dunno.

I wasn't developing much with WW in the V10 days, so I don't know older versions well. This might not apply and I would be surprised but impressed if a full backup did exist.

In my younger years I'd be all over this but I'm going to pass...Nice to see so many of you WW gurus chiming in on a classic ww problem.

This is not a classic ww problem at all
The OP wanted the PLC values & was hoping they might be available somewhere.

Unfortunately/fortunately, omron does not save the values by default (in these versions), so is more a data management problem ..