InTouch 10.1 tag current values search

The three retentiv files are all binaries. It's all gibberish when opened in an editor unfortunately.

The HMI is Windows 7, InTouch version 10.1.

These values are written to the PLC from the HMI, not uploaded from the PLC. I checked the Omron PLC memory and these tags do not have initial values.

If the values are stored in the retentiv files, do you know how to open them?

You have no access to the retentive files and by now that old PID data is probably gone.
Those retentive tags would only have what you see now.
Are those tags even set up to be retentive?

Maybe you want to upload a database dump and let me know the tags you are interested in and I will tell you how they are set up? If they are logged as data or events, and/or if they are retentive.

I see. Thanks for the info thus far.

I just checked the DB and they are NOT logged, NOT event logged and NOT retentive.

Doesn't make sense to me.

We have very old backups of the HMI, which I'm waiting on IT to locate. I also have old project backups...would loading one of those bring up past values?

You will not have access to the changes in the tags on the old backups either. They are not logged in any way.

I assume that you are not logging any data from this HMI, since there is no Historian (SQL database for tag data) installed and you do not have *.lgh and *.idx files (Intouch Log History for tag data). It will take a little bit of work to turn on logging, but for the future storing of the tag analog data you will want to set up Intouch Historical Logging in development mode.

There is a Historian client on the HMI to view trends from a bunch of tags (just not the PID parameters). The Historian server is in a different location.

IT may have a complete image of the HMI, so if that's the case then I can potentially load it in a VM.

You can add the tags for the PID to the Historian, after you edit them to be logged.

Sorry, you only have to configure them to be logged if you are using Intouch Historical logging.
For Historian, it can be done from the Historian setup on adding tags. Very easy..

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn’t the OP after the values that were in the PID settings.??
It sounds like they have been changed somehow or something is different that they want to reinstate

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn’t the OP after the values that were in the PID settings.??
It sounds like they have been changed somehow or something is different that they want to reinstate

You are correct, but the Intouch tags were not saved as events or logged in any way, so the old data is not available to him.
I am just trying to help him be set up for the future.

So the IT department found an old image of the HMI and created a hard drive for me. I have the machine down tomorrow to swap harddrives and hopefully find the original parameters. If not, we'll have to tune.

I only have limited experience with Omron PLC's and I remember having issues understanding retentive memory registers or lack of it and at one point I was told by tech support to just hard code the value into the registers which wasn't what I wanted to hear but maybe take a look at the PLC code side. Other than that, if you don't have retentive tags like what everybody is suggesting, I'd start looking at scripts as lostcontrol indicated in post #6. If you know the pid parameter tagname, you can do a cross reference to see where it is used in the program.

I only have limited experience with Omron PLC's and I remember having issues understanding retentive memory registers or lack of it and at one point I was told by tech support to just hard code the value into the registers which wasn't what I wanted to hear but maybe take a look at the PLC code side. Other than that, if you don't have retentive tags like what everybody is suggesting, I'd start looking at scripts as lostcontrol indicated in post #6. If you know the pid parameter tagname, you can do a cross reference to see where it is used in the program.

Yep the PID tag name is only used once in the PLC. The tag description says..."Main burner - Proportional term from screen - hex"

The OMRON memory shows no value for this tag in the offline project. At least with AB it asks you to upload values when saving a project.

I will also check scripts. I have all day with it tomorrow.

Lots of incorrect assumptions here. The offline PLC file you keep referencing has no bearing on the resident values of the tags in the current PLC. Offline data values are defaults, but the PLC is storing the current running values. When you initially start Wonderare, the IO server queries the PLC memory and populates the tag values in the HMI...not the other way around. In otherwords, the initial values are resident and battery backed in the PLC memory.

There is the off chance that WW is storing data in a repository such as a csv file or dB...if so, check the application script in ww...it would load those values on start of the application. But that would be highly unusual. As for retentive data, that's almost exclusively used for memory tags, not IO tags. IO tags almost always initialize from the current value in the PLC. Those PID parameters you are after would be stored in PLC memory, not WW memory. If the tags were not defined as historical logged, then there is no history.

Lastly, the igx lgh files are not necessarily stored in the application directory. WW gives you the option to specify the directory to store history. In window maker, check the history settings...either the checkbox to store in application will be set, or a directory will be defined.

So the IT department found an old image of the HMI and created a hard drive for me. I have the machine down tomorrow to swap harddrives and hopefully find the original parameters. If not, we'll have to tune.

Has your IT department attempted to find any old, archived copies of the PLC program? That's probably your best hope for finding your lost PID numbers.