IO Caution symbol

Correct mismatch between the actual revision of the module and what is entered into the general tab in the module definition box. You can see the actual rev on the module info tab when online. Enter the same info on the general tab.

This is kind of the reason behind the whole "keying" concept. Probably not a good idea to disable keying here. Note the error message. The Vendor ID or Product Code do not match. This isn't just a firmware revision mismatch. It is a product mismatch.

OG

This is kind of the reason behind the whole "keying" concept. Probably not a good idea to disable keying here. Note the error message. The Vendor ID or Product Code do not match. This isn't just a firmware revision mismatch. It is a product mismatch.

OG

I suppose. But I have yet to ever come across a case where it had mattered.

Like you, that option almost always works. But....

Try specifying a DC I/O(e.g. 1756-IB16) module and actually use an AC module. Disabling keying removed the error but the wrong module causes all sorts of problems with chattering I/O.

I forget now whether it was the input or output module that caused the issue. We had an old system with AC I/O and a PLC-5 controller that we updated to the ControlLogix and swapped over to Logix AC modules.

Later, we had other identical systems that were also converted to ControlLogix but also switched over to 24V DC. Same process and logic, just DC I/O. Someone took the program for the DC system and loaded it into the system with AC I/O and just disabled the keying. I think the problem we encountered was chattering input signals. Devices weren't changing but the tags were toggling on and off on their own. I think the outputs were ok. But nothing was working correctly because we had bad input data.

So, is it better to have an error on the module and nothing working, or no error but a screwed up process?

OG

The I/O Configuration calls for that slot to contain a 1734-IB4, a 4-point DC sinking input module.

But look at the Module Info tab: it says the module is a 1734-IV2, a 2-point DC sourcing input module.

Strangely, the "Product Name" on the Module Info tab is correct, for the 1734-IB4 module.

I think OP might have a rare module loaded with the incorrect firmware, or with the wrong sticker on it.

And keep in mind the invalid product code could be just that. Someone installed the wrong module at this one location. Unplugging the horn doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

It could also be something trivial and disabling the keying is OK to do. We don't know that though until we see the settings on the Module Info tab.

OG

I didn't see the attachments.

Ok, so we have the wrong type of module after all. Across the top of the Module Info tab it does show IB4. But that is not being read from the module. That is simply from the property specified when the object was created which we see on the General tab. That is not "live" data.

Only the information in the Identification and status fields are "live" data coming from the actual device in the field.

Cherokee 96, either they have installed the wrong module or the program is looking for the wrong device. Seeing as how you have a bunch of these IB4 devices that are not causing errors and no (visible) occurences of the IV2 being used, it would appear as though they installed the wrong device. But you will want to verify that.

OG