Is factorytalk Studio included with Rslogix 5000 pro?

I was talking to my Rockwell distributor through email and maybe he missed part of my question, but I was led to believe that Factorytalk Studio was included with Rslogix 5000 Professional. I've been looking online but I don't see anything that says they are packaged together. Anybody have any experiance with this?

Thanks
Thomas

It sounds like a misunderstanding to me.

"FactoryTalk View Studio" is available in both Machine Edition (ME) and Site Edition (SE) versions. This is the HMI/SCADA software development package for both PanelView Plus (ME) and distributed HMI (SE) systems.

I have never seen FactoryTalk View Studio bundled with anything else.

"Studio 5000 Logix Designer" is the modern name for RSLogix 5000 v21 and higher. This is the conventional ControlLogix and CompactLogix development environment.

Now there's a new HMI terminal called the PanelView 5000 series, and its editor is called "Studio 5000 View Designer".

As I understand it, Studio 5000 View Designer is now included as part of Studio 5000 for v27 and later. Same part numbers, same price.

Here's the Studio 5000 View Designer introduction from RSTechEd this year: [SlideShare Link]

Thats what I was afraid of. I am running FTS ver 8.00. Things are starting to deteriorate at work and it looks like they are going to outsource their PLC work. I am an I&E tech that was trying to learn the software. I want to pursue a career geared more towards the PLC and HMI development side. I have developed and tested (on a 7 slot rack I built at my desk) a few HMI displays. I am afraid they are going pull the plug on my software. I was pricing out the software for myself to buy and use to learn on but WOW. $8100 for Rslogix Pro and another $2500 for FTS. That makes it almost unreachable. I would have take out a small loan to buy that.

Hi

Why do you need professional version ?
One time you could use review me as a demo and only have a maximum of
5 screens but now I think it's 7 days only

Donnchadh

what sometimes works for people in your position is to check and see if there is a properly equipped tech school or college nearby - and if so - then take a semester or two of whatever PLC course they're offering ... even if the educational aspect of the course itself leaves much to be desired - quite often just getting your hands on the school's hardware and software for a sixteen-month session is worth the cost of the tuition ...

good luck with your career ...

I want pro version because it includes the emulator so I can use it in conjunction with the FTS to test the displays. It also has controlnet which I also use. I took a PLC course at my school but the hardware was really outdated (mostly old micrologix). I took a 4 day training course on contrologix and learned 10x as much as I did in the 16 week course.

Last edited:
I think that you missed my point ...

I said that if a "properly equipped" tech school was available ... if your local tech school is NOT "properly equipped" then all bets are off ...

also ...

I said that the "educational aspect" of the course might not be worth the cost of the tuition ... but the idea of using the school's lab equipment is often the only way for "out of pocket" students to get their hands on the hardware and software ...

so ...

in YOUR case, my advice might not be worth the time it took you to read it ... but I can assure you that the same advice has been extremely helpful for others in the past - and possibly it will prove helpful to others who might read this thread in the future ... the problem that you've outlined is a VERY common one ...