is it possible to copy the master key?

But, most of the "cracks" originate overseas (mostly in Russia and China). And there is no denying that copyright infringement is unbelievably blatant there, especially in China.

And, it makes sense that that would be the case. Look at movie DVDs for example: There isn't much point in me going through the trouble of copying and selling a $12 DVD, but in China where someone earns a tenth or less than I make, the risk might be worth it, especially if local authorities ignore the problem. It's just a fact of life.

S7Guy said:
But, most of the "cracks" originate overseas (mostly in Russia and China)...
It from area of fairy tales about Russian bears in our streets.
The most popular Siemens.exe for Simatic has been made in Holland approximately 7 years ago.
Others popular "cracks" were is made in Austria and in Germany - the main consumer of Siemens.
Only one EKBRename has been made in Russia.
In Russia use "cracks" made at you. Precisely also at you use "cracks" made at us.
"Cracks" are an international problem.

S7Guy said:
copying and selling a $12 DVD...
I think what silly to pay 12 dollars, for that that it is possible to buy for 3 dollars if it is the "market law".

All I am saying is that the disk most likely can be copied. That was the question I saw. What other people do with the information is not something that I want to make my business. If I see a question that I know the answer to, I will try to help, no matter how obvious the assumable intent.

kittydog42 said:
If I see a question that I know the answer to, I will try to help, no matter how obvious the assumable intent.
Now thats an attitude worth praise !

By the way.
Can someone please help me with a little problem.
There is a large boulder in my driveway that is such a nuissance.
It wont move a millimeter no matter what I do. And to have it removed by professionals will be too costly for my poor budget.
So,... if you know how to fabricate explosives from commercially available ingredients, then please tell me how to. Then I can blow up that pesky rock by myself.

PS. You dont have to use a PM, maybe some others can benefit too :)

Kitty Dog

Answering the question as you saw it then opens up the whole area of morals, law, responsibility and the rest.

I don't break in to people's houses and steal things because I can't. I suspect it would be relatively easy. There are a thousand and one other reasons why I don't. Nor would I assist or advise someone I suspected of doing it. To give advice to someone on how the law can be broken, and then absolve yourself from responsibility by saying that what they do with that information is up to them isn't really much of a standard to set yourself, is it?

I feel that if anyone has a genuine query about backing-up, copying or retrieving software licences they should contact the manufacturer and abide by the advice they are given there. I've yet to encounter any supplier who doesn't have a reasonable policy on these issues, although everyone's mileage may vary. It is not for us to adjudicate here on the practical versus legal issues of intellectual property law, copyright law, software licencing etc. I doubt if any of us is appropriately qualified to explain the issues involved. Accordingly I suggest we should all just ignore any future questions of this nature.

Regards

Ken

JesperMP said:
By the way.
Can someone please help me with a little problem.
There is a large boulder in my driveway that is such a nuissance.
It wont move a millimeter no matter what I do. And to have it removed by professionals will be too costly for my poor budget.
So,... if you know how to fabricate explosives from commercially available ingredients, then please tell me how to. Then I can blow up that pesky rock by myself.

PS. You dont have to use a PM, maybe some others can benefit too :)

This is easy...dig a big hole under the boulder let it fall...explosives can be dangerous

Boulder.jpg

Heh... My girlfriend learned a very important lesson in pet care a while back... GIT's picture reminded me of it.

She used to own a lizard, specifically a male nigerian uromastyx. The cage(small aquarium actually) gets set up with a "dirt" bottom, a largish rock for the lizard to lay on, and a heat lamp shining on the rock for the lizard to "bask" on.
Once day, she decided that the lizard was lonely, and bought another(female) lizard to keep the first one company. They are supposed to be extremely hard to breed for the casual person, so that wasn't a goal... Just keeping the lonely lizard company.

Evidently, one of the things that the male lizard does with a female around is dig a burrow........

Very important lesson: Make sure the big basking rock is put ON THE FLOOR of the aquarium, and not on top of the dirt.... She gave the female lizard away to a friend after the male collapsed the rock on his head and died.....

I did not copy the disk, I installed the key on a small partition on my harddrive and then imaged the harddrive. Unistalled the key and then copied the image back on the Hd. That way I have the original disk in safekeeping with the licence intact and can run the software.

Well done - you do know of course that the latest license managers check for duplicate serial numbers of authorizations , then blow your PC up , don't you ?

There is actually a much easier method than this - but I figure that those people bright enough to work it out don't need some fruit to post it .
live in hope , die in despair .

On a related note........

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061215/UPDATE/612150460