Is it possible with the present configuration? For Intouch and siemens experts....

drspanda

Dear Intouch and Siemens experts,

My system: S7-300 PLC CPU 315-2DP....one port is connected to E910 Mitsubhisi touch panel and the other to IBH Net Profibus adapter.

I normally go ONLINE with PLC from PC by the menu options ---> set PG/PC Interface and then select IBH Net Profibus..

As there is a touch screen no need for the MMI.

An idea came to my mind that with Intouch application I want to make SCADA system and want to access the PLC by tags.

Is it possible with the present software and hardware?

If you mean to access the variables in the PLC via the Symbols from the program, then this is possible by generating the OPC symbols with Simatic Net.
There should also be a variant connection type with Intouch that uses the SAPI-S7 interface. I am not sure but I dont think you have symbols with SAPI-S7 as you have with OPC.

Another problem is if Simatic Net can use the IBH Net device. You may have to inquire at IBH. IBH may have an alternative OPC server that maybe can pick the symbols from the STEP7 project. Again inquire at IBH.

Thank You....Jesper.

Yes, I had gone to IBH web site and found there is a OPC Server which catches the symbols from S7-300..I am trying to buy that.

Thank You.

Ibh opc-server works with Intouch and there is a good configuring example in opc-help file. If I remember right, the full working demo version runs for a 30 minutes. I have done that kind of scada<-->PLC communication with the same hardware you have.