Is ThinManager the only game in town?

Saturn_Europa

Thin Manager prices have gone up 25% in the last year. This is largely to pay for the Relevance feature that we have no intention of using.

I have a project coming up that will require 6 Thinmanager licenses. They come in 5 packs so I will need to buy 10 and have four sitting on self doing nothing.

Are there any available options?

There are quite a few options, but you may not like the prices or how complex they are.
VMware has a lot of options.
Microsoft is doing a lot with their virtualization and cloud services.

Thinmanager was made specifically for industrial automation; so you can find a lot of thin client hardware that is pre-installed with the s/w and they are built tough for the factory floor.
Thinmanager still needs Microsoft Server (for the remote desktops); they just make the setup and access easy. That's what you're paying for.

If you use other traditional IT options then you'll need to pay for IT people that both know how to do that (VMWare virtualization) and they need the time to do it.