ISO on tcp RFC1006

I'm complety agree with you, but today my question is, how the big software company like wonderware or other supervisor software make the drivers to comunicate with a large game of PLC, they must have, one day, the description and documentation of the protocol.
I call siemens hotline by phone and ask to them, in this way, if my my ofice payd you to have S7 Protocol doc or description ...
They answer impossible, rarghhhhhhhhhh...

surfzoid said:
I'm complety agree with you, but today my question is, how the big software company like wonderware or other supervisor software make the drivers to comunicate with a large game of PLC, they must have, one day, the description and documentation of the protocol.
I call siemens hotline by phone and ask to them, in this way, if my my ofice payd you to have S7 Protocol doc or description ...
They answer impossible, rarghhhhhhhhhh...
I guess the answer is one of:
* They observed the communication between Siemens products as I did creating libnodave
* They have some agreement with Siemens about patent/knowledge exchange
* They link their drivers against prodave.dll From Siemens and customers need to buy it.
* They have no real driver but use OPC so customers need an OPC server from Siemens or third party
* They use Libnodave
Thomas (author of Libnodave)

hi
thank for your response, there is a link from your web site with the description of the protocol like i write up for modbus with the frame (adress of slave |code|start .....etc)