Beijer E1101 and S7-1200 via S7/ISO over TCP/IP

m6wiq

Hi Guys,

I have the task of setting up communication between a S7-1214C with Version 3.0 Firmware, and a Beijer E1101 HMI. This needs to be done over the ethernet connection.

However, I have had some problems trying to get the communication between the PLC and HMI to go ahead. E Designer does have the option for communication between a S7-1200 and this is established via an IP Address of the PLC, the Slot is selected and the link type is PG.

The error message that comes up on the HMI is "1:Comm error stn 0"

Network wise, the PLC and HMI is connected via a Switch but the S7-1200 has been configured to use a Router.

A lot of forums suggest the use of GET/PUT commands in order to communicate with this HMI but were unclear if this related to individual Data Blocks, the use of a GET/PUT function, or something else.

Many thanks,

William

Go to Device Configuration, double click the PLC, in the properties that come up go to near the bottom of the list and look for Protection. At the bottom of Protection is a tick box to 'Permit access with PUT/GET.

The HMI needs settings of Station 0, srcTSAP/Rack 0, DstTSAP/Slot 1, System S7-1200, Link Type PG. IP address must be in the same subnet as the HMI.

I just been on the protection menu and I cannot see any option for PUT/GET Access. These are the only options that came up:

WHDQDp6.png

I can confirm that the E Designer HMI options match what you have suggested.

Last edited:
The PUT/GET enable option came in with Firmware V4.0 I think. For older CPUs, it was enabled by default.

But you can get access only to "not optimized" datablocks, or M-area.
So check the datablock properties of the DBs you want to get access to, and disable the optimized option. Compile the datablock, and you'll see the absolute addresses of the variables inside the datablock in the first column, which before was empty. Then download the program into the Plc, and hopefully it works.

Well, I have altered the DB so it is not longer optimized. However, I cannot see the absolute reference for the value in the data block. It seems to be coming up with "DB1.???".

tSnKvo5.png

Did you recompile your program? If it's a running machine, remember that you'll loose the actual data inside the datablock, and I believe downloading the change needs a CPU stop.

Do you see the absolute addresses in the datablock, like shown in my screenshot.

TIA-DB-nopt.png