Issues with 1769-IF4 module

rejoe.koshy

hey guys,
I am stuck with a peculiar issue with a micrologix plc unit with an analog input module as an external I/O.

I have a micrologix 1500 series PLC with a 1769-IF4 analog input module which was working fine but recently the analog module started malfunctioning & I replaced it with a new one.After this when I power up , the plc goes in to fault mode (starts blinking red) , but as soon as I switch the key from run to program back to run modes the fault disappears & it starts working.This happens every time I power up.

Added to this when I am running my application , which involves a timer, the PLC goes in to fault mode when the timer stops timing(preset value is reached).

The fault that is displayed in the software is F81- "expansion I/O hardware error"

I am totally confused since the module replaced was identical to the old one.
& the field transducers are working fine.

ps: on careful observation I found a blown transistor in the PCB of the old analog module

I have uploaded the pdf version of the program for your reference

Pls help!!

Check and double check the connection(s) between the expansion module(s) and base unit, end cap. Unseat and reseat might help also.

Make sure you have proper grounding.

I suspect there could be voltage drop in external 24 v supply.Should change over to internal bus supply & try?

I have been struggling with this problem for a week now!..pls help!