It's like a hidden parameter

Without knowing the PLC or the platform the best that can be suggested is a masked AND.

Something like:
AND
I10
[storage_bit0]

Then when input 10.0 is on that storage bit will be on and you use that bit in your ladder. This way a search may show that the WORD 10 is used, but not 10.1 or 10.0. EDIT: The example is presuming the word is an 8 bit word like Siemen's - if it's 16 bit then add more 0's.

You will have to look in the manual for the programming software you are using to see exactly how it's done for your PLC. The instruction might be AND, MAND, MSK, or a few other labels. Plus determine if the Stop PB is a N.C. contact as it should be for a real world application, or a N.O. contact that the school had if there is a test PLC to run your program in.

Last edited:
... If the Stop button is pressed, I is NOT < 1 (it's 2) and breaks the latch. Use the < in case both the start and stop are pressed (value of 3)...

Except that for safety reasons physical Stop PB's are N.C. contacts and would always be ON, so the word would be 3 to start, 2 or 3 to run and 0 or 1 for off - except if the E-stop safety is wired to 10.2, K1 or MCR to 10.3, fuse power to 10.4, motor contactor AUX contact ON to 10.5,.....

anyone knew how? im looking too

Make a new thread and ask the question for your problem.... This thread is 6 years old and now a bunch of people are responding to a dead question which isn't even yours... ;)