Job Opportunity

AndyT said:
Wasn't there something about no adult beverages there?

then Roy wrote..

RMA said:
Wouldn't recommend it Paul, Saudi's dry!

It now seems that Andy was talking about Saudi, I thought he was talking about Abu Dhabi when I wrote..

Me said:
I do believe that you require a license to purchase alcohol, or you can drink in hotel bars and ex-pat clubs

Paul

For me its one way ticket Israeli is not welcome over there yet and I guess never.
Even I located 5 hour driving.
I know the news sound terrible from there.its also sound terrible from Israel which is not true.
So to be honest I would not take that to my consideration when it come to go there or not.
The media like to exaggerat.Sometime the chance to get hurt in your country is more then at foren country.
I would much worry what kind of medical system they have if I need any treatment.
How I would feel daily when I need to drive, shop, school,ect.
How the people in the stret treater visitors.
I know I dont like to trvel some places because I dont feel confidence there.
My aunt died in Egypt becuase bad medical care.
Something would not happen here.
Travel expense,salary.Come in second.

If you are alcoholes fan or pig meat is must for you dont get near.
And the most important dont stare your eyes in the local woman.
You might get a big problems.

Enjoy your stay whoever you will be.

Eric Nelson said:
Do you have to pass some kind of a test to acquire this drinking license?... :ROFLMAO:

🍻

-Eric

I suggest "Boat Races"

🍻

And for those that are unlucky enough to not know what boat races are here are the rules:

6 man teams (like it really matters...)
Each man has a pint. The first man on the team drinks his down then the next in line and then the next, and so on. First team to finish wins. Of course, there are many rematches during the night.

I had my first boat race while in brisbane, Au. much fun was had by all.

Last edited:
testsubject said:
Each man has a pint. The first man on the team drinks his down then the next in line and then the next, and so on. First team to finish wins. Of course, there are many rematches during the night.

And each man has to invert his glass over his head to indicate the next man can start. In the over-riding desire to win, especially in the re-matches, some forget about the drinking part.

Gerry said:
And each man has to invert his glass over his head to indicate the next man can start. In the over-riding desire to win, especially in the re-matches, some forget about the drinking part.

I forgot about that part!

lol

I hope to make it down there at least one more time before I die. I had such a great time while there. Adopt-a-sailor went over very well on my ship.

Nice Arik. Phil may send a few of us over there soon, expenses paid. Phil is just like that, God Love him.

Better yet, come here. We can all go up north and... well there is not much to do. No PLC's, no computers. Cold beer anyone?

Johnny

Arik's right. The media likes to spend 10 minutes of a 1/2hour news cast on one or two people a week who get it in the mid-east, but dont seem to bother at all about the 200+ people who are raped, robbed, carjacked, and murdered each day in the USA.

In LA they rutinely inturupt regular TV programming to show live video of a police chase in progress, but not in Detroit. Reason being is that there would be nothing else on TV in Detroit but live police chases... So what happens is people assume that there are NO police chases in Detroit, and a lot of them in LA, when the fact is just about the opposite.

elevmike said:
...So what happens is people assume that there are NO police chases in Detroit, and a lot of them in LA, when the fact is just about the opposite.
After watching many episodes of "Wildest Police Chases", I'm led to believe that the state with the most police chases is Alabama... ;)

Or, maybe they just have more cars equipped with dash cams down there?... :confused:

🍻

-Eric

Mike and Eric that is terrible. We get to watch those t.v. stations as well.

Growing up in Milton Ontario with the Tonelli Brothers next door was fun. NOT! He used to take all of my hockey balls. I was a kid. They became NHL All Stars. Police, never. Rape, never. Crime, very little.

Get your head kicked in if you did. That is how we lived.

Johnny

I grew up in england and a good friend who i went school with his father worked in saudi..he was gone for roughly 9 months of the year..He loved it, the money was great and even tho its dry the "Odd" beer can be found if your looking..And the best part is the americans are not dropping bombs there..at least not yet..You people shouldnt be worried about the stray bullets from the enemy..its the stary bombs from the planes that worry me..

As for the web site being under construction..It is worth asking the question..however it may be that the company is just starting, Or starting to expand..(Hell my web site has said under construction for 2 years!! I just dont have the time to work on it)..I say give the guy a chance to respond..which he may not seeing as this thread turned into a bash the sauidi thread..

Dont mean to ruffle feathers but just look back and see what an outsider might think...:~