Job Opportunity

Worked in Saudi for 10 years was there from 90 to 2000. Left becuse did'nt like the way things were looking. Had wife there with me. In the begining it was'nt too bad,as for booze if you know where to look you can find it(bonded or home brew) Bonded runs around $100.00 for 750 ml.

Made good money but you have to have a exit visa to leave.All in all it is a big pain to go and come. They kinda have you traped and at there mercy.another reason I left. The sons took over the company and I did'nt trust them.
Regards,
Tom

If you are alcoholes fan or pig meat is must for you dont get near.
And the most important dont stare your eyes in the local woman.
You might get a big problems.

Ok, I can give up the pig meat and alcohol, but I definitely would have a problem not staring the eyes in the local women.

Wait, how about remote programming? That would keep me out of trouble.

Ok guys, I whipped up a sample project on the flight home tonight, but I'll post it in the morning. It looks flawless under the influence of a bottle of Louis Martini Cabernet, but I want to double-check it once more.

What, no more Cabernet Sauvignon! That sounds like a big sacrifice!

You may send your resume in word doc. format to [email protected] as well.

Sorry, we're updating the web site (adding some materials in Starch and Glucose section)

ARASCO is an ISO 9002 totally integrated feed industrial complex with two production centers in Dammam and Alkharj, each with a capacity of one million tons of animal feed per year. In addition ARASCO owns and operates its own ship unloading facilities at each of the Dammam port, Dammam feed mill, and AlKharj feed mill. At AlKharj feed mill complex, ARASCO has built 24,000 tons per capacity of 48,000 tons per year. These facilities are served with a fleet of over 200 trucks, over 400 trailers and 150 railroad cars. These rigs include grain hoppers, molasses and liquid fat tankers, and self-unloading bulk-feed trucks.

To complete the total integration, ARASCO set up a chemical complex in Dammam Industrial City for the production of Di-Calcium phosphate and clarified food grade phosphoric Acid for the future production of chelated minerals at AlKharj site. ARASCO has now built a corn wet milling plant with a capacity of 300 tons per day easily expandable to 600 tons per day. This plant will produce starch and glucose for the Food Integration Industry in addition to concentrated feed products such as corn oil, germ gluten meal at 60% protein, and corn steep liquor mixed with corn fiber and bran, a highly nutritious and desirable for lactating cows.

ARASCO is in the process of setting up a central chemical and pathology laboratory, the only facility of its kind in the Kingdom to serve local food and animal industry as well as various governmental bodies. ARASCO also has a 15,000 tons capacity cold storage facility and is setting up a 40 million birds per year slaughterhouse and meat processing facility.

When I came out of the forces I spent a bit of time working around this wonderful planet of ours. Usually in area's that were perceived as dangerous (such as Beirut etc). They are never as bad as the press portray.

I used to be of the mindset that I'd work anywhere for the right money (the forces tend to insist on this kind of flexibility :) )

However that was when I was single. Now I've got 'dependants' I think you have to think of more than yourself.

Still... very good money usually in Saudi and plus its tax free if you stay there for the majority of the year... Got a few mates (also ex forces) who are making good money in Oman, Abu Dhabi et al...

Probably a good job for a person who's in the right circumstances to make the most of it...

Paul,

I was in Abu Dhabi for a month for the national oil co. We partied our *** off at night. They have every vice a man could desire. You can only drink in bars located in hotels or if you know the right person you can get a license to buy it.

Possibly geography isn't a strong point . I was in Dubai and Ajman , but that isn't Saudi .
If you play the game is Saudi , its OK and you make money , but people get flogged and deported for drinking .
As for the benign comment about pork meat , you are hardly likely to find any , and only a fool would attempt to import it .

I was in Dammam during Gulf War 1. The alcohol wasn't hard to find. It was a rice whisky called Sadinki. Kind of rough to drink after a couple months of being dry, but mixed OK with Kool-ade.

It's not rice it is made with just sugar and yeast. then you get jack danels chips and put them in a 5 gsllon water bottle and cut it with water and you have 90 proof.There is white sid and brown, The machinest we had in the machine shop was making stills for $3500.00 each all stanless they were reflux stills. Had the booze tested at aramaco and it was as good as pga.

Regards,
Tom