just wondering about event tasks

intradave is correct fundamentally about a COS event interrupt, but not quite functionally. From what I can tell the CPLX engine would support a module driven COS event interrupt. The problem is that none of the CPLX modules wil generate a COS interrupt. So, regardless of the cause, the final result is that the CPLX platform cannot perform an I/O COS event interrupt. And, as a result, there is little use for using the event interrupt.

Keith

[OT]

Look at the breadth of products that Siemens and Rockwell have. We only have a very good motion controller that just happens to be able to function like a PLC with limited I/O.

Many manufacturers have plc functionality in their vfd's & motion controllers. Usually there is too little IO (for any useful task I could think for those atleast). Maybe having profinet/ethercat or similar master functionality would open lots of possibilities for doing small machines on just with one programmable unit.

[/OT]

If it is by hand it will work as the speed is low enough, if not you can use some flipflops external like some relais that are set by the switches and reset when seen by the PLC, or electronic ones even faster.
If able to use interupts then is no problem as every interupt will be remembered.