Kinetix 5500 sensor homing - active - switch NO

AlecTek

Could anyone tell me why a rotary axis run two rounds for the Homing?

The home sensor wired directly to the drive, and I set the Homing Sequence to Switch, it turned one round till it reached the sensor. However one day I set it to Switch-Marker and it started two rounds homing, but after I changed it back to switch, it still makes two turns.

Now I made one MAH only, i can see the control's .IP keeped on until the 2nd round finish, then .PC turned on.

Thanks for the help.

Try issuing a MAH via motion direct commands to rule out something in the program causing it. My instinct is a motion instruction tag used in multiple motion instructions. Or maybe 2 JSR's calling one routine. Just a WAG.

Thank you, I tried but it behaved the same. I found if the start point has the sensor on, it would have one turn, otherwise, it would have two turns - the sensor has to be on twice.

Can you describe the setup on your Axis homing tab? Screenshot would be best.

If you have direction set to "bi directional", homing active and sequence set to "switch", the axis will move until the switch is made, reverse direction until the switch goes clear. With the same setup, if the switch is on to begin with, it will just move until the switch is not made.

Edit: Is now see that the subject says "active and NO", which answers most of the homing properties, I need to pay closer attention :)

I used the forward-uni-directional, maybe that is the reason, i will try bi directional.

attached is the homing settings.

tmp.png

Thanks, everyone! Here's the update:

It runs the same if triggered from Motion Direct Commands.
The sensor is NO, if I select NC, it goes to somewhere weird.

If I set it to Bi-directional, it runs to the sensor and backup a little then goes on sensor, and the Homing is completed. It goes just one turn.

If I set it to Uni_directional, it runs two turns.

I guess homing needs two rising signals, 1st to change speed, 2nd to home.

There might be another way, rising to slow down then falling to home, but I just don't know.

Hi AlecTek
I know this is an old thread but the reason why it was rotating twice is because the while using Uni_Directional and the home Offset value is less than the deceleration distance when the home event is detected, the control automatically adds one or more revolutions to the move distance. This guarantees the resulting move to the Home Position is
unidirectional.