Kinetix 5700 2198-D057 problems

EngDave

Hello everyone. I know the title is a bit vague but I have several problems and would like to attempt to capture them all here. To begin with I'm looking for a few Kinetix 5700 experts because the common sense approach isn't working. I'll get to the main part of the problem later on in the thread as I think it's a tuning issue cause I'm hitting current and torque limits while it's at rest and not bound up. However it was recommended that I flash my drive setup which was at version 3.x to 7.x and after flashing the drive I only get an ambulance now. Has anyone ever seen that or heard of that before? It's an actual picture of an ambulance. I'll try to include a pic of it. It does nothing now. Buttons on the face of the unit don't work. The amber light on the ethernet is out however the green lights do blink when an ethernet cable is plugged in. No bootp. Any advice? I'm sure it's bricked but can it be unbricked? I did cycle power to it but it came right back up to the ambulance. It's currently powered off now. I hope someone at least has heard of this before.

Current setup is:

2198-P208 was 4.x now 11.x
2198-S086 was 3.x now 7.x
2198-D057 was 3.x now 7.x
2198-D057 was 3.x now ???

Used Control Flash Plus and flashed all drives at the same time.

Thanks.
Dave

IMG_1135.jpg

Hmmmm....interesting. I found a Tech Note (access level: TechConnect). That icon indicates "recovery mode" for a corrupted firmware caused probably by a hardware problem on the control board.

It also says...
A customer should never be able to cause this condition to occur. For example, dropping power while flashing should not cause this condition.
...and to replace the drive if this icon appears.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunatelly the link with the Tech Note doesn't work. My question is how can this error to be fixed?
It is a Kinetix 5700 2198-P070 Power Supply module.

All it says is to replace the drive. If you don't have a support contract, reach out to your local distributor for support. They may have better information.