kinetix 6000 blown Capacitor

bendanator

Hello Everyone,

In need of some most needed help on troubleshooting a Kinetix 6000 servo. The first one smoked and was replaced only to smoke that one as while. I then pulled the servo apart and found a blown capacitor on the board. This capacitor runs straight to the kinetix power rail(i know this cause I ohmed it out). that made me think the power rail connecting the servos was bad, order it and replaced it only to blown the next capacitor on another Sevro. at $3000 a servo drive i cant throw a 3rd drive in it without finding a problem. Weird thing is the drive still goes through its cycle and everything seems fine beside the smell of burnt electronics.

Thanks for any help at all,

Any chance the capacitors need to be reformed before being put in use?

I have some Seimens MasterDrives which say if the drive sits on the shelf for
over a year the capacitors must be 'reformed' - which usually entails plugging
them up to a DC supply through a capacitor / resistor thingie.

Second thought, is the correct voltage being applied to the Servo?

Poet.