Kinetix 6000 Goes opposite direction on power up

davidhinch

Installed 4 axis system, one of the drives (Kinetix 6000) runs a conveyor. Sometimes if the power is cycled and control restarted the conveyor runs the wrong way. The MAM instruction is used in Auto only and has a 0 in the Move Type. There are jog instructions for forward and reverse but can only be used in manual mode and panelview pushbutton.

Any thoughts??

Guessing that you don't have issues with the jog - just the MAM.

Move type 0 means "absolute".

My guess is that when you cycle power, the servo is losing it's position. Upon repower, it suddenly thinks it is forward of of the commanded MAM position - thus it moves in reverse to get there.

If the move were incremental, the instruction then defines the direction. That move would always be in the correct direction.