Kinetix 6000 Position Error E19

plcengineer

Gents,

I keep getting this error and I was wandering if it could be related to mechanical binding..If there is a problem with the mechanical system, could I get this error instead of a current fault etc..

Error is E19..

App.. Pulling rails down a roller bed through a punch press.. We ran a few sets of rails today but we keep getting this error.. I think it is something restricting the cart from pulling to a position...

Any thoughts...

You would definitely see E19 if you have a mechanical bind. Kinetix drives have no Torque overload fault although you can set a torque limit. The drive will drive up to the torque limit and hold there if there is no position command to trip the position error (actual vs. commanded). If there is not enough position error to trip the fault, the drive will continue to pull torque at the limit until some other fault occurs. If you trend the torque versus the position command and position error, you'll see this happen. I'm not sure how you could get a current fault other than a short or regen situation.

Hope that helps.

Very good Cleaner. It seems that 2 to 3 months after we have line upgrades to this type of system that we start getting E19 errors. Each time we have had to change the servo motors out. Can it be because they have the torque O/L limit set too high in the PLC limits? Thanks.

Could be mechanical bind like Cleaner said.

If the system was modified recently, has anyone tried a re-tune of the servo loop? Sometimes even after swapping out like-for-like motors, I've had to retune.

I also would suggest trending Torque, Current Feedback, Actual Position, and Command Position (or just Position Error).

Typically if your position error accumulates over time, it may be more indicative of tuning than a bind, unless your bind was along the entire length of rotation (or stroke).

If you are seeing sudden spikes in the error it may correspond to a bind in a particular spot.

If you can, I'd suggest setting up a routine to do some point-to-point moves. Start slow and gradually increase the speed, all while trending. See at which point your error pops up, and if it corresponds to any particular point in the motion.

We've been having the exact same problem. The axis works good a few weeks and then starts giving E19 problems. The last time a guy from AB showed up and tune it himself. It lasted about 6 weeks.