Koyo SU-6B memory issues.

Soggy Canuck

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Koyo SU-6B PLC that is on a machine that was relocated from the continent. It has lost it's program. This model has a front mount slot to hold a plug-in eeprom module as well as an IC eeprom in a side compartment of the processor.
Does anyone know the procedure to switch from the removable eeprom to the IC eeprom using DirectSOFT32 software package? I suspect the battery weakened and lost the resident program.

"PLC menu -> Setup -> Memory Type" should do the trick for the removable slot EEPROM. I don't think the side slot is for the program although I could be wrong. It's been a long time.

Yah, that's what I thought as well, unfortunately it's grayed out. I wasn't sure if this model was like the 435 where you had a choice of memory locations. The IC is either dead or perhaps is some kind of firmware chip. Oh well, now I need to try and pry a copy of the program out of the manufacturer. Given what this plc is controlling, experimenting with a program back engineering attempt could be real exciting, to put it mildly.