Latching a contact

cue2671 said:
Hello, I am a student working on a college final and I need to latch a N.O. contact closed for 5 seconds and then release. I can not figure it out although it has to be simple. Your advice would be appreciated
This has got to be a joke...A FINAL...this is a FINAL???? I am in the middle of semester finals..I have 2 exam essays for history, a 3 chapter test then a 15 chapter comprehensive test for Pyschology, a 1000 word essay (MLA format) for English Comppsition and a written and oral final exam in German, this week.

Where do you get A FINAL this easy?

I wrote out an example code but decided I would not furnish it this time. If you have spent a semester, even a 9 week semester, and you can not do this then you should not pass the course.

Perhaps this is just PART of his final?... :confused:

I'm hoping he will come back so we can get to the timer part. Then again, like many that pop in here, this is "due tomorrow"... :rolleyes:

🍻

-Eric

Actually I think the Final is building the Coke machine.
At least his instructor has some imagination beyond the obvious.

I also think with Eric's help cue2671 was close to getting it.
At least cue had better questions than a typical HNC student.

Maybe he'll come back, I mean there aren't alot of other places where you can get this kind of Info.

My German written test is tomorrow morning but I can wait till Wednesday on the oral part. The rest will all be done by Saturday (I hope). I took a 9 week summer semester,the classes teach the same material that is normally taught in a 4 month semester....what a mistake, everything is always due tomorrow. Even if its part of a final I would trade...these essays are driving me crazy. Whats so bad is I have gotten A's on all my essays EXCEPT in the class that is "teaching" me to write essays.

Ich muss das Deutsch jetzt studieren.

start timer L.O.
--||-----+---|/|-------+-----(latched output)
| |
L.O. | +------[timer]
--||-----+

Sorry guys...I couldnt stand the pain this guy must be going through....

I guess I was lucky I went to school when Edison was still teaching it. Nothing complicated, or near as difficult as a latching circuit. I am not sure if they had relays, back then.

Seriously, with some of the questions, and some of the obvious teaching that must be taking place, this could be a legitamate "final".

My EE class a project final year, to build what was assigned. I don't remember if that year it was a grid dip oscillator or an audio generator. Most looked pretty much the same, some obviously more sloppy then others. A couple of them actually worked.

In archetectural classes, I had to design a house. Mine was futuristic, round, with no corners for dust to accumulate in.

I remember doing one term paper, junior year.

My daughter had to study for some tests, and thats all. but she still has a couple of years, yet.

Times and schools have changed.

I think my son had a rougher exam after his first year in apprentice school, but then, I was teaching it.

Looks like there will be a big market for Phil's book for newbie engineers, this fall.

regards all, and pass around the free cokes!