Legacy Panelview access

bobwithdana

Trying to download a program to an Allen Bradley Panelview 600 thats connected to a contrologix PLC via RIO. The whole memory card thing is not working out as usual. Is there a way to access this panelview from my computer on RIO? Or is there a secret to get the memory card to work.

Thanks Bob

If it's a very old PanelView with pre-3.0 firmware then ordinary ATA Flash cards won't work. v3 and v4 firmware should work with ATA flash cards or CompactFlash cards in adapters, as long as they are formatted for FAT16.

The RIO and DH+ PanelViews typically had an RS-232 port. If it's not configured for printing, try using a straight-through serial cable and RSLinx DF1.

The history of "passthrough" uploading and downloading to PanelView Standards is long and complicated, though RA Knowledgebase article 13980 suggests you can upload via this path if your first connection is anything but DF1. Article 19393 suggests that the A-B Ethernet driver rather than the EtherNet/IP driver might be required.