License Requirement on Integration Project

IdealDan

Hi Guy,
Just to be sure, If I am integrating more than one site/platform, Do I require each site to have a separate License of the SCADA software?

Please tell us what software you are talking about
and explain your system more.

multiple sites, ok, how many sites and how many scada pcs?

james
Ok Bro,
3 sites, each site with it's PC, then one of the sites will be a control center, ie 3 PCS. software is Factory Talk.

Yes. And that is the general case everywhere.

So you have a developer license that allows you to develop software for all facilities that hire you to do it and the customer buys the considerably cheaper Runtime licenses to be able to run the software you wrote for that process.

Some sites will want to have a developer license to avoid having to go outside for minor modifications and they'll then buy a developer license as well for a single node (usually an engineering station).

The company should decide if they want a developer license... and then buy the runtime licenses for all sites in one go to perhaps cut down on cost.