logix 5000 and safety signature mismatch

Tovan

Heyas,
I tried to swap out a 1791DS-IB8XOB8 devicenet I/O module on a rs logix 5000 system. I am having some issues with my safety signature not matching, though most of my outputs are fine for motion. I am missing some "mismatch" disabled outputs that drive my monitoring system. I have heard of "commissioning" the new module, but I am having a bugger of a time finding out just how to do that in the manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are running and able to do a full lockout, but would like to get this resolved as soon as I can.
Thank You in advance for all answers!

P.S. I think Widelto is on to it. Check the REV level of the Major and minor firmware. If it was a major it wouldn't work so probabley a minor like going from 1.25 to 1.26 or the like

Also Tovan is a relative, being the reason for the smartassedness of my reply.

The safety signature according to the manual is designed as an option to prevent cables from various sets from being inadvertantly swapped. Since the system is running that option is probably disabled. however the data still doesn't match. Edit the string in the scan list with the correct module date. Good luck.

Last edited: