Logix 5000 firmware issue

James Mcquade

Hi all,

we have just spent 8 hours trying to figure out why we are having trouble with
some of our AOI's. we are using version 33.01 Studio 5000.
turns out that there is a fatal error in firmware versions 31.11 and 31.12 of the logix and guard logix processors.
Rockwell said (Urgent) we needed to upgrade to the latest version 31.31 ( i think). just thought you should know what we have been dealing with yesterday and today. feel free to chime in if you have more details.
james

Hi all,

we have just spent 8 hours trying to figure out why we are having trouble with
some of our AOI's. we are using version 33.01 Studio 5000.
turns out that there is a fatal error in firmware versions 31.11 and 31.12 of the logix and guard logix processors.
Rockwell said (Urgent) we needed to upgrade to the latest version 31.31 ( i think). just thought you should know what we have been dealing with yesterday and today. feel free to chime in if you have more details.
james

I just went there to download it and for the -L7x'x they still only show v31.11

The updated firmware is only for -L8x's, at least so far

my boss just out out an update, he downloaded version 31.13. he finger glitched the first email. i do not know why you cannot see 31.13.
here is part of his email "the firmware was updated from 31.11/12 to 31.13 per Rockwell request"
james