Rslogix 5000 Upload, download, Go online, update firmware all grayed out

bdauliya

Supporting Member
Hello Gentlemen,

I am having this weird issue. I can see the controller on Rslinx via ethernet. when I open the RSlogx 5k, open RSWho, I still see the controller but the option to go Online, Download and Upload is Grayed out.

I have a valid license for RSlogix 5000. I did try removing harmony files and re installing the whole Rockwell package. the issue seems to be persistent.

Have anybody faced this and solved before ? please suggest. TIA!

try finding the PLC using factorytalk linx

also when you open the controller in studio 5000 and go into to try to upload up top there is a drop down menu to select if you are using factorytalk or rslinx to find the PLC

Make sure you are selecting specifically the processor in RSWho, not eg the network card in the rack. Do not drill down past the controller.

It seems like there is data loss from ethernet cable as I plugged in to unmanaged switch.

I used USB B Cable to hook up to controller directly. I can now upload, download and go online.