Logix5000 servo motor selection not available

jonfarrugia

I am working on an application that requires me to configure a kinetix 6000 system. One of the controllers is connected to an AB servo motor CAT NO. MPL-A220F-V-X210. This servo is not available in the Motor Catalog Number drop down under the tab Drive/Motors when I drive to configure the servo under servo groups.

How do I add the Cat No. into the motor drop down?

simple answer - You don't

Please Provide full Part number (Please read it from the Hardware Supplied) for
1) The Kinetics Amplifier you are connected to on sercos (Wrong one and the Motor is Not available) (eg 2093-AMP5)
2) The Motor (eg MPL-A220F-V)

Only certain amplifiers can drive certain motors

IF you want a Special Motor / Amplifier combination then it is best get Rockwell to create custom Motion Database for you

I have had this done when the combination of Amplifier / Motor and RsLogix Version was incompatible. The next version of RSlogix corrected this.

I am working on an application that requires me to configure a kinetix 6000 system. One of the controllers is connected to an AB servo motor CAT NO. MPL-A220F-V-X210. This servo is not available in the Motor Catalog Number drop down under the tab Drive/Motors when I drive to configure the servo under servo groups.

How do I add the Cat No. into the motor drop down?
The MPL series is an Allen Bradley part number.
If it is not listed use the A220F-V-xxxx.

If that doesn't work, go to the AB site and download the latest databse.
Then through RSL5K, point the software to look into the new databse to find your motor.
Can't be more specific as I don't have a PC with RSL5K with me.
I've done it a couple of times.