Logixpro Door exercises 3 & 4 comments wanted

MiPilot

Ok, I am looking for criticism of my work on these door exercises.

First is exercise 3... It works as it is supposed to so I am looking for mainly comments.

DoorPart3.jpg

I am having problems with the next exercise. I thought I understood what they are asking...but I am falling short of completing it. I don't quite understand where to go.

I used the I/O sim to create a simple 2 rung program where I used I:1/0 (NO pushbutton) to latch B3:0/0 On and then used I:1/01 to Unlatch and it work perfectly. But, when I used I:1/00 to Unlatch it didn't work. Now I know the answer to exercise 4 is more than likely simple I'm just not getting it.

I also know that I can find the answer in the download section...but I really want to understand the whole Latch/Unlatch operation.

Here is what I have so far....and it does not work!!

Thanks

DoorExer4.jpg

I realize that....and thats the issue.

I am having issues with understanding how to implement this idea.

I am sure it will be a head slapper once I get it.

Thanks

Doesn't Work

I tried using this exact program using what is used in the pictures above. Just to make sure I have a proper understanding of what I am doing in class. But unfortunately I don't know what I did wrong. The "DOOR AJAR LIGHT" isn't flashing or turning on at all. The door will not close either. I don't know what is wrong. Can I have help please?
Thanks!

Can I have help please?
Yes, you can have help. Don't panic, you can do it. First, have you:

1. Entered the program correctly?
2. Clicked on "Download to PLC"?
3. Then clicked on "Go Online"?
4. Switched from "Program" to "Run" mode"
5. Now what happens when you press the Open Pushbutton?

Note that if you have run the program already and it did not work, you should then switch to "Program Mode", then click on "Simulations", "Reset Simulation" to reset everything to the beginning state.

The "DOOR AJAR LIGHT" isn't flashing or turning on at all.
The Ajar light should go on steady when the either the UP or DOWN motor is running, and then flash when the door is still but not completely closed or completely open.

Last edited:
Thank you Lancie1. I really appreciate it! I am going to look at what I have in my program and go through the steps you gave me. The "Door Ajar Light" wasn't working at all. I am going to keep what you said in mind. And such a quick response. I didn't think any one would respond that quickly!

To be clear, MiPilot's first program in Post #1 should work to Open and Close the door. His 2nd program in Post #2 will not work. I have posted a working copy of the LogixPro Door Opener program in the "Downloads" section of this site that you can load and run in your computer. I see it has been downloaded over 7000 times now. Look for the file "Logix DOOR_OPENER_EX_4.rsl" in the Allen Bradley section:

http://www.plcs.net/downloads/index...g3&direction=0&order=&directory=Allen_Bradley

Last edited:
Thank you for your help!

As being the only female in my class working on this kind of stuff, I will say no wonder guys are so well at this line of work. Math isn't my strongest subject. And for programming stuff like this, is very complicated. Thank you Lancie1 for helping me through this and helping me understand what I am learning. If it wasn't for me using Google Search looking for some kind of help, I wouldn't have found such a wonderful website to get the help I need. Once again, thank you!

I will say no wonder guys are so well at this line of work. Math isn't my strongest subject.
Math was my weakest subject also. I have found that what you need most to program PLCs is good logical thinking, and some knowledge of binary numbers. The ability to solve puzzles helps also. The math needed is usually fairly simple.

The rest is simply learning the names of the available instructions and becoming familar with the most common instructions. After that, you can generally look in the built-in program Help files or reference manuals to figure out how any instruction works, then be able to use it in a program.

Hi all,
can some one explain to me the exercice 3 (picture above). I didnt understand it. Please.
And @lancie1 i cant find your file.

Hi amhd90, do you have the exercise text that explains what they require you to program. When you have found that, you will then start to understand what has been asked re- the door exercise. Then you can start writing the code to complete the exercise. If you are then struggling, please then download your attempt of the exercise to enable someone to help.