LOGO!8 sinking or sourcing DI

kenny_Powers

We are some students thinking of buying a logo!8 starterkit to connect diffuse photosensores to the digital input. some of the sensores already in place are of the type npn with three wires. the question is.. are we correct in our understanding that the LOGO!8 has a sinking type input and we could connect sensores with PNP type, but that it requires a voltage divider if we are connecting NPN? the siemens s7-1200 says if the input is sink or source but we have been struggeling trying to find this info on the LOGO!8 RCE

We are some students thinking of buying a logo!8 starterkit to connect diffuse photosensores to the digital input. some of the sensores already in place are of the type npn with three wires. the question is.. are we correct in our understanding that the LOGO!8 has a sinking type input and we could connect sensores with PNP type, but that it requires a voltage divider if we are connecting NPN? the siemens s7-1200 says if the input is sink or source but we have been struggeling trying to find this info on the LOGO!8 RCE

I have never used the Logo8 but have used many Logo6.
They were all sinking on the embedded inputs. (you would need to supply +24vdc to the input if using a 24vdc model)

If you have existing NPN type sensors that you would like to use, just control a relay with the NPN sensor and have the relay control +24vdc to your logo input. (not ideal I know, but would be cheaper than changing the sensors)

I am not sure if you can get expansion modules with sourcing inputs.....maybe. If I get a chance I will have a look at that.

EDIT: I looked briefly and do not see any sourcing input modules for the logo.

Good Luck
BCS

Last edited: