looking for insite

You may want that, but if you were a guy working around that horn, you might be tempted after the 1000th startup to take a hammer and silence it forever. Horns mysteriously get hit by forklifts, stepped on by heavy boots, even though they are 30 feet in the air, and horn wires get cut somehow.

Duct tape is another favorite alarm silence method I have seen. One of our customers had even wrapped a horn with part of a garbage bag to muffle the sound.

Yes, horns are aggravating for anyone within 50 feet, but still necessary for safety. The on-off cycle method produces the same result (warning that equipment is starting) but with a much-reduced personnel irritation level. It goes a long way toward improving operator morale about horns in general.

Similar Topics

Hello All, Please direct me to post to the right page. I am really new to PLC, and want to find a tutor who is familiar with Automation Direct's...
Replies
Views
Hi , Where i can find Mitsubishi PLC Card end of line & replacement model details. i am looking for Q02CPU replacement model. Please advice. thanks
Replies
Views
I have Allen Bradley plcs, I have had Circuit breakers and other automation equipment in the past. There's no solid buyers local. How much do you...
Replies
Views
can anyone has a good program to learn plc programming online. i have the basic looking into improve my skills thanks
Replies
Views
I want to monitor a couple signals in a place where there is no PLC but there is ethernet. I know I can use an AENTR or Flex I/O and a module but...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom