Looping char Array in STL

gedajus

Hello, I'm new in PLC programming so I need a little help...
I have an array of char (ARRAY[0..2047] of CHAR) in DataBlock and I need to scan that array for specific character or character combination... And i need to get adress of the result.

Ex: Find the adress of the first char 'b' in the array (of random data). And find the adress of the char 'o' followed by char 'z'...

Something like that.

My try:

In OB1 i have:

CALL "Func"
UID:="Block1".array1

in FC1 i have (from some example):
(UID is type ANY)

TAR1 #_ar1
L P##UID
LAR1
L W [AR1,P#0.0]
T #_wPLC_Type
L W [AR1,P#2.0]
T #_iLen
L W [AR1,P#4.0]
T #_iDB
L D [AR1,P#6.0]
AD DW#16#FFFFFF
SRD 3
T #_dwArea

from this i get data type, length of the data, DB number, and start adress.. And then what? :)

Is there a simple way to loop the array with like: L DB1.array1[n] where n is variable (like in C++, C#, pascal, etc..?). And not using pointers (which I'm not yet familiar with)

Last edited:
A different approach would be to copy the chars to a string variable and then use the IEC library functions to find the string(s) you are searching for. Add the found location to the base address of your data to report back the address.

Abort the above as the max length of a string is 254 chars.

Last edited: