Looping a set of instructions (RSLogix5000)

Luminance

Hello,

This is my very first post here - I'm working on a small brewery project with multiple solenoid valves.

The instructions follow a set of commands

Step 1: Valve 1 opens,

Step 2: Valve 2 closes after a delay

Step 3: etc.
Step 4: etc.

Basically, I have the program working up until I need to repeat a rinse cycle (this is for a keg wash) - my program is divided into subroutines, but after it runs once, I need to re-run steps 2-4 a second time.

How do I implement a logic in RSLogix5000 that allows me to "re-use" the previous routines. They all have timers that are TON's, and am trying to find a way to "clear" what has been done before to re-use these subroutines as if it was a fresh start.

Thanks for your help.

~ Lumi

Don't know about the CLX but, on the PLC-5 you can issue a RES to a TON the same as is done for an RTO.

Welcome to the Forum!

You might want to look at the Sequencer Output Instruction (SQO).
It works well for repeating a set of Valve operations etc.

I generally set up an Excel Spreadsheet, put all my devices on that, and then layout the Steps. Generally, there is a single Time for the Steps, and the Timer Preset is moved in from a Data Table. There is a set of Conditions for Stepping, for example, Step on Time, Step on Full, Step on Empty etc.

With a Keg Washer you will usually have Pressure Sensors, Liquid Sensors, Temperature Sensors etc. to monitor to decide on the next step.

Getting back to your original question. If you have Subroutines for each function, on the first Rungs of the Subroutine, you can clear the existing Timers and Counters etc with a FAL, FLL, or COP Instruction, or overwrite them with a COP Instruction with new Values. For this, to to work, the Timers for that Subroutine should be in a Single File. i.e. Station 2 Timers, or Rinse Timers. Then you can move the new Presets in from a set of Timer Preset Files, or one File and different ranges.

I hope that helps.

Stu....