maples recipe

irondesk40

has anyone used a maples hmi and set up a recipe in the hmi?
i have a small HMI5043L that i testing with trying to create a Ascii input object on the screen to allow me to enter a text such as STYLE 1 and then download that into a micrologix 1400 String Register and not able to get this to work.
According to what i have looked at in the maples help file i created the Ascii input object and can select it and enter the text and then i created a Data Transfer Object on the HMI and set it up to Read the source as the local HMI RWI0 and transfer to the plc STfn 23, which i assumed would be the string register 23 in the plc.
Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks

Your address 23 is incomplete. If you click on the Settings Button beside your read address you'll see the format shown as DDD.DDD.DD This Format = File#.Word#.offset. So you'll need 023.000.00 I think the Offset is which character to begin with. Not Sure. It could be an offset of which word to copy. As you know you only get 2 characters per word for ascii So to get STYLE 1 you need 4 words.

What you have done sounds like it should work, although I haven't tried doing anything like that with a Micrologix.
You might try creating an ASCII input object linked directly to the ML1400 memory location to see if that will work.

Your address 23 is incomplete. If you click on the Settings Button beside your read address you'll see the format shown as DDD.DDD.DD This Format = File#.Word#.offset. So you'll need 023.000.00 I think the Offset is which character to begin with. Not Sure. It could be an offset of which word to copy. As you know you only get 2 characters per word for ascii So to get STYLE 1 you need 4 words.

Thats what it was. Has to be 23.0.0
Have gotten a basic small recipe working but has been a challenge trying to figure out a little at a time during breaks and lunch.
Thanks

Maple is made by Weintek. Get sample projects on their website. You'll need to register. They have different lines that use different software packages. The latest is eMT that uses Pro software. Your HMI uses the older MT8000. They have example programs for both, but don't have a way to show examples for MT8000 only. You can tell by looking at the url of the download.
Go to page 8 and download "Recipe Search". On page 18 is a demo for "MT8121X". This was the default program that came with all HMI's. Shows how to do everything in one project.

Your model is in the "i" series. HMI5043L is a Weintek MT8050i.

Maple is made by Weintek. Get sample projects on their website. You'll need to register. They have different lines that use different software packages. The latest is eMT that uses Pro software. Your HMI uses the older MT8000. They have example programs for both, but don't have a way to show examples for MT8000 only. You can tell by looking at the url of the download.
Go to page 8 and download "Recipe Search". On page 18 is a demo for "MT8121X". This was the default program that came with all HMI's. Shows how to do everything in one project.

Your model is in the "i" series. HMI5043L is a Weintek MT8050i.

Thanks for info